Quick Meals

All moms have a dire need for a recipe box of quick meals.  This is never more true than when you live in the boonies, like I do.  See, we use to live right in town, one block away from a gyro place, Subway, & Hoagieville (local fast food drive in... kind of like a Sonic) & six blocks from Dairy Queen.  And of course pizza was always an option if the night was getting late & I hadn't planned dinner.  But now, if I don't cook dinner we are plain stuck with cold cereal.  So I have brushed up on a few quick meals.

The first one is Sloppy Joes.  I would like to dedicate this one to my friend Kylie who is not sure that sloppy joes qualify as a meal (or even "real" food).  Well, Kylie, come on down to my neck of the woods & try one out. Now, I'm not talking about adding a packet or can of sloppy joe mix to some ground meat (I say meat because I use deer or elk, but a lot of people use beef or turkey.  So I'll call it meat.)  The recipe I'm going to give you is from scratch, taste great & is super easy & fast to prepare.  Plus, you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry.  My family loves sloppy joe night, so I've had some practice.  I think sloppy joes get a bad wrap because they are a typical hot lunch menu item.  But these ain't your lunch lady's sloppy joes!  I also like to put these on dinner rolls & make them into sliders, perfect for the little ones.




My second quick dish is homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.  Another crowd pleaser & super easy & fast to make.  Once again you most likely have all the ingredients in your pantry ready to be whisked together in the all time comfort food dish.  Get yourself some good rolls & your done with dinner.



Now it's your turn.  I need more quick meal ideas (don't we all).  So, put your quick meal idea in the comments section below.  If you have a full on recipe you want to send me that would be even better & I will post it in the Mixing Bowl page.  Send recipes to j.yphotography@yahoo.com

More Quick Meal Ideas:
Chicken Strips
Spaghetti
(Whenever I make spaghetti sauce I do a double batch & then freeze half of it.  Then when I'm in a pinch all I need to do is thaw it out & boil some noodles.)
Quesadillas & Spanish Rice
Grilled cheese & tomato soup
Stir Fry Noodles
(Using frozen stir fry veggies makes this a quick fix.)
Breakfast Dinner
(That's what Maddie calls it.  It's her favorite, but sausage must be involved or she is not happy)
Meatloaf
Tacos
Frozen Pizza ;)



3 comments:

  1. Invite us over for sloppy Joes and I'll eat 'em and probably like it. Make them myself....no thank you!

    Fast recipes I have a MILLION! But I would need to type them up....I'll see what I can do. :)

    And if you get weary this week Jess....just remember you look very young and beautiful and/or use a shot glass for a little HG action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY!!! we love sloppy joe night too! I'm not sure what Kylie is thinking?! =~) We had sloppy joes on Thursday with homemade oven fries. It was sooo yummy! I am laughing because our recipes are almost identical minus the peppers and onion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to say that in the blog. We ALWAYS have ours with tater tots & corn. I know, it's a little redneck, but they are just natural accompaniments to sloppy joes. Just keepn' it real! You've got to have some fried/baked potato dish with these.

    ReplyDelete