Budget Remodel: Part Deux

My mega cheap kitchen makeover for the ranch house is complete.  I did it all for under $50 & I think it makes a huge difference.
I spent most of my money on paint.  Cupboards went white.
The business of the wallpaper was concealed with a relaxing light grey giving the kitchen a sophisticated country feel.
The kitchen is so much more peaceful & brighter.  It's amazing what a little paint can do.  
Hardware was spruced up with a fresh coat of black spray paint.  I also painted the light switch & outlet covers & the heating registers.  
And a new back splash was installed.  The black splash makes a huge difference & is very easy to do.
I used self-adhesive linoleum tiles.  These tiles were only a dollar a piece.
They basically go on like a sticker.  Very easy to use, you don't need to be handy to handle these.  
I cut them in half so they covered twice the distance.  Simply score (which means don't cut all the way through) using a straight edge & a utility knife.  Then bend the tile at the score & it will break off evenly right where you need it to.

The before & after say it all.  You don't need to spend a lot of money to change the entire look of your kitchen.  Just use what you've got & spruce it up a bit with paint.  Also reorganize & de-clutter, this can give your kitchen a whole new feel.  Remodeling doesn't mean you have to break the bank.

1 comment: