Buffalo Chicken Dip


I figured I better post some dishes for the upcoming Superbowl.  One reason I love the Superbowl is that I get to eat appetizers all day long.  A signature food of any football get-together is buffalo chicken.  There are few things I love more than buffalo chicken.  I like it in it's various forms, wings, chicken strips, nuggets, whatever.  So when my mother-in-law incorporated it into this awesome dip I was hooked.  The best part is that it's paired with ranch & celery, so you get all those wonderful flavors in one bite.  Serve this dip up with some tortilla chips & you'll be a hero at your Superbowl party.  Here's the skinny...
Ingredients
8 ounces cream cheese softened
3 cups shredded chicken
3/4 cups buffalo sauce (my favorite is Frank's Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce, or make your own {recipe below})
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 celery stock finely diced
{Buffalo Sauce}
1/3 cup hot sauce (like Frank's hot sauce)
1/3 cup butter melted & cooled
1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions
Preheat oven to 350.  Mix chicken & buffalo sauce together until chicken is coated, set aside.  In deep dish pie plate or 9x9 baking dish evenly spread the cream cheese.  Sprinkle celery evenly on top of cream cheese.  On top of that spread the ranch dressing & then evenly layer on the chicken.  Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.  Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.  Serve with tortilla chips & enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm making this for the super bowl for sure! YUM!....unless I'm having a baby! (jk)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla Squires2/03/2013 12:18 PM

    haha...little did Jami know.....

    ReplyDelete