Blondies

I think as a child I brushed off the notion of Blondies being good.  I liked cookies better & when my Mom made Blondies instead I didn't think they were as good.  The other week while visiting a friend I was reintroduced to these tasty treats.  She made hot out of the oven Blondies for us & I think I ate about half the pan.  I'm officially an addict & have made them three times since then.  As a child disregarded these scrumptious bars, but as an adult I appreciate how much time they save compared to making chocolate chip cookies.  They are great for large groups &, as I've discovered, wonderful for breakfast with a good cup of coffee... told you I was an addict.  Here's what I know:
Ingredients
1 cup butter softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 cup mini chocolate chips (you can use the regular size, but I like the minis for this recipe)
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Cream butter & both sugars.  Add eggs & vanilla & mix until fluffy.  Mix together flour, salt, & baking soda.  Slowly add to dough until all is mixed in.  Get yourself a good pinch of yummy cookie dough & continue.  Mix in oatmeal & chocolate chips.  Grease a 9 by 13 inch baking sheet.  Spread dough as evenly as you can on baking sheet, I generally end up using my fingers.  Bake for 25 minutes or until tops are golden.  Let cool slightly & cut into individual size bars.  Enjoy!

So what's your current food obsession?  Come on, fess up.  I know you have one.  Have you been mowing down BBQ potato chips?  Or is a certain kind of fruit tingling your taste buds each day?  Or have you been making trips to the mall to slurp down an Orange Julius?  Divulge your current food craving... I want to know... mostly because I don't want to be alone in this!

2 comments:

  1. Carla Squires5/02/2011 10:17 PM

    strawberries dipped in chocolate...Tia sent me a dozen huge juicy strawberries beautifully dipped in different chocolates and they are soo wonderful i want to make more when they are gone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well shoot, Jess! I reckon I have all of these ingredients! I think I'll make some. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete