Mr. Moe's Potatoes

Since Thanksgiving is sneaking up on us I thought I better get some Thanksgiving style recipes going.  Give us a jump start to planning one of the most important meals of the year.  These potatoes are a nice alternative to mashed potatoes & little kids love them.  My guitar teacher back in high school, who was also a family friend, made them for us when we all went to his house for dinner.  Immediately we were hooked & my family has been making them ever since.  These potatoes are easy to make & taste sooooo good!  When I was pregnant with one of my children (can't remember which), I craved these potatoes.  In fact, I think I almost single-handedly ate an entire pan by myself.  Here's the skinny (or not so skinny if you eat the entire pan by yourself)...
Ingredients
1 package frozen O'Brien hashbrown potatoes, thawed
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken (10.5 oz)
2 cups grated medium Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/8 cup finely diced onion
Salt & pepper to taste
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl adding salt & pepper to desired taste.  Pour potato mixture into a 9"x13" baking dish.  Bake for 1 hour.  Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!

*You can make this dish ahead of time in the morning & put it in the fridge until your ready to bake it.  These potatoes reheat wonderfully making them a good leftover.  If you're having a large crowd, over 6 people or so, double the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment