Zucchini Cookies


Bet I caught you off guard with this one!  This recipe is straight from my Grandma's recipe box.  I remember her making these when we were little.  We'd gobble them up & then she would proudly announce that they were zucchini cookies.  Like my Mom said, there wasn't a vegetable that my Grandma could leave alone.  And while I didn't appreciate it with brussel sprouts, this time I am thankful.  I've tweaked them a bit from my Grandma's recipe, she used dates instead of chocolate chips.  These cookies are so yummy.  There is a nice flavor mix with the zucchini & cinnamon.  Marry that with the sweetness of chocolate & you have a winning combination.  The cake-like texture pulls it all together.  Serve these cookies with a big glass of cold milk & you won't be disappointed   Here's the DL...
Ingredients
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream shortening & sugars together.  Add egg & vanilla & beat until fluffy.  Add zucchini.  Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon until well incorporated.  Using a spoon mix in chocolate chips & walnuts.  Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges just start to turn brown.  Remove from baking sheet & let cool for a minute before serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment