The Money Saving Power of Water

I always see those Dyson vacuum commercials on tv & drool.  Oh, how I would love a vacuum that never loses powerful suction!  Unfortunately, three to four hundred dollar vacuums are not in our budget.  So I'm stuck with my Wal-Mart special Bissell.  Now, don't get me wrong, for the price I paid for my Bissell it is really doing a great job.  It's a bagless vacuum, which is great because I don't have to continually buy new bags & I can see all the dirt it is pulling up out of my carpet.  Although disgusting, I do enjoy seeing what I vacuum up!
Like most inexpensive vacuums, over time mine has lost suction.  But I figured out a trick after dealing with years of low suction.  It all has to do with the filters.  Like many vacuums, my Bissell has reusable filters.  All I have to do is rinse them out in water & let them air dry.  I did this a few months back & voile, my vacuum had suction back like the day I bought it!  I was so impressed, &  happy I didn't have to go out & have to buy a bunch of new filters, or a new vacuum for that matter.  So, if your vacuum is feeling a little sluggish check the filters.  Chances are all you need to do is rinse them out & let them dry completely.  Your vacuum will be running like new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment