1 loaf French bread
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Praline Topping
- 2 sticks butter melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Mix all ingredients together until thick & gooey
- Slice French bread into one inch slices. Generously butter a 9 by 13 baking dish & arrange bread slices by overlapping & they fill up the baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve immediately with maple syrup. Enjoy!
*Special shout out to Paula Deen for this awesome butter & cream laden dish... heavenly.