Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie

I adore chocolate chip cookies, especially the dough phase of the cookie making process.  Whipping up the dough is no problem for me.  Mostly because I eat spoonfuls of it as I go.  But when it  comes to dropping those cookies on the baking sheet & popping them in the oven over & over I'm not as enthusiastic.  Often to avoid this process I make cookie bars instead.  But they are a little more cake like & sometimes ya just want that good old crispy, gooey cookie instead.
Enter the skillet cookie, which I have renamed the Lazy Woman's Cookie.  I love this dessert.  It still taste like the chocolate chip cookie you love, gooey center & crisp edges, but you only have to make one.  Almost too easy.  The presentation of the cookie is scrumptious & home-down looking which everyone loves.  Whenever I make this my guests ooh & ahh at it & think I've slaved over a hot stove.  I love food like that, easy to make but looks like it took hours.  Cut it up like a pie while it's still warm & serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.  I promise this cookie will not disappoint!
Ingredients
1 1/2 sticks softened butter
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet with non-stick spray or vegetable oil.
Stir together flour, baking soda, & salt & set aside.  In mixing bowl using electric mixer beat butter, brown sugar, & sugar together until creamy.  Add egg & vanilla & beat until fluffy.  Add in flour mixture a bit at a time & mix well.  Mixing by hand stir in chocolate chips.  Put dough in prepared skillet & spread out evenly to edges using a silicone spatula.  Bake for 20-30 minutes or until top is light brown.  Remove & let sit for 3 minutes.  Cut in pie shape slices & serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY! I'm going to have to try this one! I'm also a "lazy" about spooning on to cookie sheet!

    ReplyDelete